So happy when I get to cross things off my to-do list! I bought this dinosaur print fabric months ago. I had a few ideas of what I wanted to use it for, but didn’t really decide for certain.
I wanted to make a little boxed bag this month, either for makeup or craft tools. I normally keep my knitting needles and crochet hooks together, but I don’t really like the way the crochet hooks fit. I decided this little pouch would be the perfect solution!
My original pouch was so bad! Well, not at first. Once I tried to alter it after construction was the mistake. It was nice and neat but I didn’t plan out the size correctly so it was too short and wide for what I had in mind. I wish I had more photos.
I decided to try to make it taller and slimmer but that only caused it to be crooked and too tall (photo below)! The only thing I like about the original version of the pouch was the zipper tabs I used. I think it gives a nice clean finish:
Such a disappointment! I should’ve left it alone! BUT, I love failures because they’re a learning experience. I remade the pouch, paying careful attention to what I wanted the finished measurements to be. I ditched the zipper tab covers, and added actual tabs to ease opening and closing the zipper. LOVE LOVE LOVE the resulting pouch!
I interfaced both the main and lining fabrics this time for extra durability.
Till next time!